Intro to Onshape – Design a Kazoo
Onshape I – Intro to Onshape – Design a Kazoo
Join Cody and learn the cloud based, free use, CAD (computer aided design) software Onshape. Onshape is geared towards mechanical design, so that is what we will focus on. This class requires zero experience in CAD, product design, or even manufacturing. Come with an open mind and a willingness to unleash your imagination!
In this class, Onshape I – Introduction to Onshape, we will be designing a kazoo! We will be discussing design basics, types of manufacturing, and learning the Onshape environment. We will be taking basic shapes, adding complex features, and creating a working device derived from a series of tools and methods that we will learn along the way.
• Discover and learn the Onshape workspace
• Creating and editing Sketches
• Drawing primitive shapes (rectangles, circles, polygons)
• Using the Dimension tool for accuracy and object manipulation
• Extruding primitive shapes to form 3D objects
• Using the Mirror tool
• Using the Hole tool (Through, Countersink, & Counterbore holes)
• Discover and learn the Chamfer tool
• Discover and learn the Fillet tool
• Manipulating Planes (Top, Front, Right)
• Creating Assemblies
• Mating Parts
• Editing materials and part colors
• Creating Drawings
Cody has an AS in Engineering Design, with experience in mechanical, structural, architectural, and manufacturing design. He has designed for Fortune 500 companies and his projects can be found in over 50 countries.